Roads that will be closed on the 10th of April
April 10, 2015, 12:46 a.m. » bhutan , state visit , road closed , traffic
The Hon. Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay arrived in Colombo yesterday for a state visit. Several roads were closed for the occasion and as usual our traffic alert system was far more useful than the official schedule. Fortunately the school term has just ended or things would have been much worse. Today the prime minister is scheduled to take part in several functions and the planned closure at 1:00 (Galle face to Battaramulla) would have resulted in chaos if the school vacation hadn't started. Nevertheless we expect a fair bit of traffic because new year shopping is in full swing. Several other roads will be closed from time to time and they are plotted on the map below.
- Galle Face Center Road 09:30am - 09:45am
- Galle Face to Water's Edge via Liberty circus, Horton Place 01:00pm - 01:30pm
- Battaramulla to Galle Face via Horton Place and Liberty circus 02:00pm - 02:20pm
- Galle Face to Presidents House 07:30pm - 07:45pm
- Presidents House to Galle Face 09:30pm - 09:45pm
If you are planning on doing any new year shopping, you might want to consider carpooling instead of taking your own car. Watch out for another update shortly with a map that shows the roads scheduled to be closed tommorow.